Saturday, May 31, 2014

Moto E : sim is a micro sim

For those migrating from a feature phone the Moto E, many may require to get a newer micro-sim. Some may opt for cutting their current SIM to fit in the Moto E slot, but I would recommend getting a new micro-sim from your service provider. Generally the micro-sim is given free of charge, but the service provider may charge you about 25-50 INR for the same.

I had moved my SIM from Lumia 520 to Moto E. The SIM I used on Lumia 520 was manually cut from a full sized SIM. As I had not cut it perfectly the SIM wouldn't fit in the Moto E. This was not a problem on Lumia 520, due to the design on the SIM slot. However, on Moto E a sprint loaded slot is used where you push in the SIM and then it gets locked in its place. Essentially, I had to spent some time polishing the edges and the cuts to fit the SIM on Moto E. Moral of story : it is better to get a new micro SIM from your service provider.


No comments:

Post a Comment