Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Moto E : not all apps to sd card

While in the earlier post I mentioned that I didn't like that I had to individually move the apps to the SD card, what I didn't realise is that many app cannot be moved in the first place.

I did finally try to move all app one by one  the SD card, and even after that only about 600 mb is free on the internal storage. This can be quite restrictive is you do a hell lot of things on your phone. But I guess a large majority doesn't do so.

As I mentioned before that this is not actually a gaming device. Its a work device for sure, not for gaming definitely. And is especially true in terms of the extremely limited internal storage. More so as you can't install apps or games directly to the SD card. You will have to first install it on the internal memory and then individually move it to the SD card if allowed.

With all these funny quirks with SD card, I think an SD card is more of a hassle than actually trying to solve any problem. My current primary phone and the previous phone both have 16 GB internal storage and no SD expansion slot. I am almost filling up my current phone's space with apps and data, but I know that I have enough cloud storage to not worry much about storage.

I hope that the next iteration of an affordable premium actually come with a larger storage and forgo the SD card.

In the end there are two things at premium  on a smartphone : the battery life and the storage space. Motorola has done quite well on the earlier front, it is the later that needs work and attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment